ByteEDGE is a new age mobile learning experience platform purpose built for today’s modern workforce for providing them the necessary performance support they need by way of skilling, reskilling and upskilling them daily. It’s modern approach and immersive micro learning courses is a significant departure from the current legacy solutions, and offers a fresh, new e-learning solutions for organisations to prepare their workforce with skills of today for tomorrow’s future of work.
Today we do understand that every individual is different, and that one size fits all learnings solutions do not help drive user engagement and learning adoption. Learning experience platforms build during the last decade solves for this by making learning more individualised and personalised.
Todays’ professional users have been exposed to a wide variety of platforms for consuming media and as such their personal choices, preferences and behaviour has evolved significantly in terms of how they consume media where they consume and when they consume it. Learning experience platform tries to overcome the limitations of legacy learning management system, and is the evolutionary solution to meet the modern user where they are, instead of bringing them to a platform like LMS, which were not designed for modern day media consumption.
Most of the modern learning experience platforms offer significant enhancements in terms of individualization by way of Elastic natural language-based search engines, personalised recommendations, adaptive personal learning paths and journeys, for an immersive learning experience which can be consumed in a Netflix like manner on mobile devices for the workforce on the go. It solves for many of the people challenges like productivity, performance improvement, succession planning, talent mobility and improved hiring based on improved profiling of learner and data visualization.
In summary learning experience platforms were designed for user engagement and for providing a better learning experience to modern user. On the other hand learning management systems were designed for a system of record, for tracking learning activity Activity and interventions I’m reporting analytics associated with the data. spend more time resources add money on providing better user experience and invest as such on-experience platforms versus system of record platforms.
the short answer is yes and of course, we will work with any industry standard lms.
the core function of lms primarily remains to create records for learning activity, reporting and analytics. we track every learning activity of every human behaviour as we believe in measuring everything. our learning experience platform creates and stores records of every user input behaviour and consumption and more importantly we track the actual time spent on learning, course consumption and completion, digital badges awarded and so on so forth. all this learning activity records can then be uploaded to the lms either manually through importing the csv files or automated through rest api integration. for this to happen the key dependency is on ensuring that we have a single sign on, or token-based user authentication which is integrated with your ldap or active directory. these integrations and architecture discussions are part of our pre-launch workshop which is conducted between our customer service manager and all the key stakeholders.
the short answer for this is that you many organizations need both. but if we have to choose between learning experience platform and learning management system then depending on organizational maturity, desired business outcomes, and several other factors one can choose between the two options.
if the primary goal is the drive high learner engagement, ensure faster adoptions, faster time to market and immediate transformation of workforce then it is advised to explore learning experience platform which can provide faster and personalised learning experience to the users without the need to setup the system, in many organization the time taken to setup an full-fledged learning management system can be almost a year. it also required significant admin and program management costs which must be accounted for upfront. the reason why many organizations are choosing experience platform over management system is availability of content, predictable and lower cost, better business outcomes and learning adoption. learning experience platform today also comes with basic level of learning activity tracking, admin dashboards, data visualization e.t.c which means files the need for reporting of most mid-size organizations and to manage instructor led trainings, classrooms, mark attendance, and assessment results are features available.
another important factor is basically the type of content you have. if you have more text based content, or legacy scrom based learning content, then lms is the preferred solution however if you have more video-based content and you use xapi or tin can for learning analytics then many of the current lmss are not capable of handling xapi data tracking and analytics in which case learning experience platform is the preferred solution.
for byteedge we would be happy to discuss your specific needs and see how we can tailor our modern lxp for your needs.
the fact is that the learning management systems evolved almost 30-year-ago primarily created to track and store learning activity records. it is not designed or capable of handling sophisticated rich media mobile technologies to track analytics of video content such as scrubbing, completion percentage, and many other activities happening on mobile app. also, most of the time lms is an empty shell, which is without any content, which means even after buying an lms one must procure content separately.
byteedge’s modern lxp is equipped with deep analytics, engaging microlearning content, curiosity and knowledge reels, community for peer-to-peer learning along with role-based learning roadmaps & journeys. the other big aspect is time to enable the lms, in most of the cases it is a tedious and time taking job which takes 3-9 months, but in case of byteedge we can enable everything in 4-6 weeks.
so in conclusion, if time, cost and faster time to market are key considerations then lxp will win hands down everytime.
byteedge is purpose built for driving adoption off the modern workforce and helping them perform their jobs better, by unlocking their full potential. our pathbreaking platform provides significant features which are tech-enabled in platform capabilities to automate the process of learning adoption. these include,
- in app nudging- fit bit style for tracking and meeting learning goals.
- recommendation engine for automation of curation and personalization
- curiosity & knowledge reels to drive learner curiosity to learn continuously.
- • community – p2p learning and social learning drives significant adoption as we have seen in platforms like tik-tok etc
- • gamification and hyper personalization for adaptive and varied learning paths helps adoption
- • also, our courses are true 3mins micro learning modules that helps to be consumed in the flow of work for the modern on the go workforce of today. for example, rather than requiring employees to learn all of microsoft excel’s intricacies at once, the lxp narrows it down to distinct tasks, such as creating a graph.
- • our courses use rich media & immersive with specific instructional design framework to drive better learning adoption based on brain science and research on learning content consumption of moocs. we further optimized and build on these science incorporating many of the latest developments including web3.0, creator economy, social, as well as ai and ml to truly provide a unmatched experience to users.
- yes, we do. for immersive custom content development based on our research + hosting the price would be 2.5lacs per course of up to 60mins – 20 videos and for creating custom content with transcript provided to us + hosting the price would be 1.85lacs per course of up to 60mins – 20 videos.
- yes, the platform can be fully white labelled as per your needs.
we have build a truly transformational experience as a package for the users. breaking it down would significantly lower the experience and adoption.
yes, we can provide our courses for rest api based integration with your lms platform. but you need to consider the following for the same.
- content meta data have to be manually extracted and populated.
- recommendation engines will not work as per desired results in many cases.
- search may not provide the right content to user
- content will not be evergreen
- new content will then need to be continuously added, edited and modified.
- one hour of content means uploading 20 videos and then populating its meta data, thumbnail pics, keywords, description etc.
- you will have to convert everything into scrom as that is what lms understands. our video content is not designed for scrom, it is tracked using xapi interfaces.
- the reels will not play in lms in desktop as it is designed for mobile interface only.
- security and ip infringement will be a big issue. how would you stop sharing of content or user sharing downloaded content to non-user? this can result in damages and infringement of our ip.
- finally, it will cost a lot of time, resources and for a significantly reduce learner experience
you can record the videos of the teams/ zoon calls and upload it through our admin panel. further you can also download any youtube or tedx videos and upload it our platform. you will get all learning activities of these content types. you can also include them in custom skill journeys.
more content modules, more personalized content, microlearning formats, reels, instructionally designed content, role-based journeys, competencies assessment, community and social features, blockchain based micro-credential, perpetual and sharable digital badging, onsite customer manager, pricing, time to roll-out, highly scalable due to cost factors etc are key benefits.
all the content on byteedge is very well researched and curated by global professionals. it is based on decades of experience in learning industry. the courses are very comprehensive and very detailed, which is enough for any learner to upskill himself, and improve his performance and productivity. we also keep refreshing our content as and when required to keep it ever green.
- disperse does not provide community learning
- disperse does not provide ai based personalization
- they do have reels that will capture the user’s attention
- they do not provide on-site customer manager
- time to market for disperse is 6-9 months whereas in as in our case its 4-6 weeks
- the cost, rich and immersive content
- reels kb & cb
- learning activity tracking of video-based consumption.
essentially, disperz is a lms and not a lxp and it does not have content. without content the platform does not provide the necessary value to learners, and we continue to see poor adoption.
- yes, but that may compromise the whole user experience. for example, they may not be able to take advantage of the reels.
- 70% of learners are more motivated to learn when they are using mobile devices instead of computers.
- 72% of mobile learners revealed that they are more engaged with learning modules accessed via mobile devices
- yes, ofcourse and it will carry the logo of your company. we do provide digital badge sharing from the platform itself in popular social media.
- we provide two types of assessment.
- one is course related knowledge checks, and another is lominger based assessment
- it helps to evaluate the actual learning of the user. the user won’t get an assessment until he has finished the course. these features can be customized.
- • lominger assessment helps in evaluating skills such as time management, teamwork, organization, and leadership abilities. they can also assess the relevance of the competency and proficiency of the worker. it helps organizations to understand how workers may react in situations and how your workforce overcome business challenges. it gives an idea of an employee’s potential skills gaps and is a way to calibrate organization wide skill competencies and gaps. this data can be used in succession planning, talent mobility and improved hiring.
- yes, we do provide a dashboard for the admin.
• yes, it is. yes, we can integrate our platform with your lms by way to single sign on or using active directory or uploading the user information using csv files. further we provide rest api interface to automate the learning activity data into your lms. this can also be done manually in set intervals as per your needs.
because byteedge is providing a lot of value at a very reasonable price.
- tik-tok style micro learning to create curiosity
- curated journeys with adjacent skills delivered in 3min immersive video module
- custom content development & hosting
- multi-lingual content in 75 languages
- onsite customer success manager who will help with the adoption
- blockchain based perpetual digital micro credentials badges that they can share on social media.
- community learning that none of our competitors provide.
- our #cost is 1/3rd compared to equivalent solutions in the marketplace
we believe that it’s difficult to have small duration of courses for training people on hard skills like python or java. it is part of our roadmap for byteedge and we will make an announcement on the same. for now our focus is on performance of every employee irrespective of role and we do want to provide soft skills to it developers to improve communication, collaboration and effectiveness. and our whole concept is about having small courses that cover everything.
the following are the functions of the online customer manager
- develop a cohesive picture of organizational learning needs
- socialize and encourage user adoption in alignment to organizational goals
- reports, analytics and prescriptive recommendations for optimization actions
- develop the communities and champion ability groups for peer learning
- conduct industry research and best practices and share them
- analysis of the project with respect to company performance objectives
it’s usually 45 mins to one hour but delivered in 3mins modules. short drips helps improved consumption, lack of cognitive stress and improved retention and the biggest benefit of this design method is recall at point of need of a module in a course. this is a key differentiator for us against other solutions in the market.
these will appear once the user has completed his course. too much assessment can result in user dropouts which is not the outcome we want, we first want to drive better course completion which in itself is a big challenge in learning.
it helps in the following way
- it provides effective behavioral change by reinforcement
- helps to build reputation as expert
- helps to clarify doubts from practitioners
- safe place to share insights and best practices
- helps foster and adopt the next big thing in l&d – creator economy
it is not public; your groups are private and you have the users role defined in the admin panel. you can select which users are allowed to contribute, who joins which group etc.